Commission Openings - December 2016
The City of Delano will have openings on the following Commissions beginning March 1:
- Park and Recreation Commission. Three (3) Vacancies. The Park and Recreation Commission is an advisory commission to the Delano City Council. It is charged with the responsibility to study, investigate, and make recommendations regarding short and long-term park planning and systems management. This includes, but is not limited to, acquisition, development, construction, maintenance, and operation of City parks and playgrounds; coordination of recreational programming; preservation of natural resources; promotion of environmental awareness; and such other matters as may be referred to it by the City Council.
* Full Park and Recreation Commission Position Description
- Planning Commission. Two (2) Vacancies. The Planning Commission is an advisory commission to the Delano City Council. It is responsible for preparing and maintaining the City's Comprehensive Plan. Further, it is responsible for making recommendations to the City Council involving development projects and zoning issues, including but not limited to plat approvals, zoning amendments, re-zonings, variances, appeals, conditional use permits, and other matters.
* Full Planning Commission Position Description
- Public Safety Commission. Three (3) Vacancies. The Public Safety Commission is an advisory commission to the Delano City Council. The Commission has the authority to study, investigate, and make recommendations regarding crime, public safety, and law enforcement activities within the City. The Public Safety commission shall consider and make recommendations concerning such other matters as may be referred to it from time to time by the Council.
* Full Public Safety Commission Position Description
- Water, Light and Power Commission. Two (2) Vacancies. The Water, Light and Power Commission is a statutory municipal commission established pursuant to Minnesota Statutes Section 412.331 through 412.391. In summary, the sections resolve that the Commission shall have jurisdiction and control over the City-owned water, light and power systems, commonly known in Delano as the Delano Municipal Utility (DMU). This includes the water, light, and power facilities, and all apparatus and materials used in operating said facilities. The Water, Light and Power commission shall further have the authority to maintain the water, light, and power system and set rates for usage of said utilities.
* Full Water, Light and Power Commission Position Description
If you would like to serve your community and work with the City of Delano on any of the above commissions,please fill out an application. Applications accepted until Wednesday, January 25, 2017. For questions, contact City Hall at 763-972-4420.