It is the purpose and mission of the Department to minimize loss of life and property for the area served from fires, natural disasters, life-threatening situations and to assist other emergency agencies.
1. To develop and maintain an adequate staff of qualified well-trained personnel.
2. To develop and maintain a strong emphasis on fire loss management, including fire prevention, code enforcement, and public education.
3. To provide a timely response to fires and other emergencies with an appropriate
4. To investigate fires or to provide for such investigation.
5. To maintain cost-effective fire suppression services for the City of Delano.