2015-16 Goals Program
Long Term Goals
- Provide and proactively facilitate the delivery of quality public and community services in a planned, fiscally responsible manner.
- Ensure the City's continued sustainability and financial stability.
- Plan for the maintenance, replacement and efficient operation of the City's equipment, buildings, infrastructure, energy and utility systems.
- Manage the City's growth so that it is high quality and consistent with the City's Comprehensive Plan while maintaining the City's historical culture, characteristics and features.
- Encourage and improve the communication of information and ideas with residents and business owners.
- Ensure communication and positive relationships between the Council, City Staff, Employees and Commission members.
- Ensure the City has a well-trained, productive and accountable workforce to meet the changing needs of the community.
- Ensure the public safety from crime and man-made or natural disasters
- Ensure the overall aesthetic appeal of the City.
- Maintain a long-term vision while continuing to address strategic (1-3 year) goals.
- Promote and expand the City's business, commercial and industrial development.
- Address the City's flooding issues.
- Provide needed infrastructure maintenance and complete major construction projects.
- Improve the City's public transportation.
- Develop a building maintenance capital plan.
- Utilize staff more effectively.
- Obtain funding for and establish a City trail plan.
- Improve the buildings in Central Park.
- Complete the Riverfront Project.
- Improve the City's older neighborhood parks.