Advisory Boards & Commissions
CHAPTER 2 -- SECTION 204.01. BOARDS, COMMISSIONS AND TASK FORCES.
Subd. 1. Generally. Except as otherwise provided with respect to a specific board, commission or task force, the provisions of this Section shall apply to all boards, commissions and task forces referred to in this Chapter 2.
Subd. 2. Open Meeting Law and Data Practices Act. All meetings and matters of any City board, commission, or task force shall be subject to the Minnesota Open Meeting Law and the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act.
Subd. 3. Conflict of Interest. No member of any City board, commission or task force may vote on a matter in which the member has a direct or indirect financial interest or other substantial interest.
Subd. 4. Vacancies and Removal of Members.
A. Vacancies: Except as otherwise specified in this Chapter, a member's position shall become vacant upon the occurrence of any of the following:
1. The death of a member.
2. A determination by the Council that the member's physical or mental disability renders the member of incapable service.
3. The member's resignation in writing.
4. A member's absence from 3 consecutive meetings, unless excused by action of the Council.
5. Termination of a member's residence in the City.
B. Removal from Office. Except as otherwise specified in this Chapter, a member may be removed:
1. Upon petition of a board, commission or task force. The board, commission or task force by a three-fifths vote of its members, may petition to the Council to remove any member when it believes the best interest of the City would be served thereby. The removal of the member is not accomplished unless and until the Council passes a motion removing the member.
2. By the Council. The Council shall have the authority, in its discretion, to remove any member without a petition from the board, commission or task force.
C. Delano Water, Light and Power Commission. The provisions of the Subdivision 4 shall not apply to the Delano Water, Light and Power Commission.
Subd. 5. Term Limit. The term of a member's appointment to any City board, commission, or task force shall be 3 years. A member's appointment to any City Board, Commission or task force shall be limited to 2 full consecutive terms. An existing member of a City board, commission or task force whose term is set to expire must apply for re-appointment to their position to be considered with any applicants for the position. The term limit imposed by this Subdivision shall not apply if there are no eligible applicants to fill a member's position that is set to expire or if the Council, upon a majority vote, re-appoints the member whose potion is set to expire for 1 additional term.
Subd. 6. Residency Requirements. (Adopted by Council 3/15/11 by Ordinance O-11-01) Any member of an advisory board, commission or task force must either be a resident of the City of Delano, or, if not a resident of the City of Delano, a person who owns improved real property located either within a commercial or industrial zoned district within the corporate limits of the City of Delano.